This little village is located on Indian creek, six miles south-west of Monroe City, and is 17 miles north-east of Paris. The population is about 350; two dry goods houses, two drug houses, three groceries, two blacksmith shops, One good hotel, one very fine house, and the finest church in the county, Catholic. Its dimensions are 100x50, and will comfortably seat a congregation of 800 persons. Its spire is 110 feet high. The town was laid out in 1835 by a Mr. Swinkey, and for some time bore this name. Mr. Swinkey's wife was named Elizabeth, and the town was finally named in honor of her. Prof. Hagan is principal of the school, which numbers 75 pupils. The voting population of the precinct is 160, and 154 of that number are Democrats. Thomas Yates and Dick Miles are the two oldest settlers in this part of the county. Mr. Miles is in his eight-first year, and Mr. Yates is 73, and both are stout and hearty and bid fair to live 20 years longer.