County Immigration Society
Monroe County Immigration Society was organized March 14, 1874, at
Paris. The directors for the first year were:
E. Bailey, of Monroe
Bridgford, of Jackson
Dooley, of Jefferson
Yates, of Indian Creek
D. Blakey, of Clay
Brownfield, of Marion
Bridgford, of South Fork
Porter, of Union
F. Palmer, of Woodlawn
B. Vaughn, of Washington township.
The first officers elected were: Dr. E. Bailey, president; R. M.
Bodine, secretary, and William F. Buckner, treasurer. M. D. Blakey
and Henry Dooley were appointed as an executive committee.